All item types in the new Item Bank allow for users to add a passage, standards, and tags as needed to an item. While this is not required, standards and tags can enhance reporting capabilities after students have completed testing. Passages should be linked based on the context of the item. This lesson walks through adding each of these to an item.
Before you Begin
This lesson begins assuming you have already started creating an item. For more information on creating items, visit Create Item Bank Items.
- Select the book icon to access Passages.
- To find an existing Passage, type into the provided space to search for a title, or select the drop down menu.
- To create your own passage for the item, select Create a New Passage.
- After selecting a Passage from the drop down, a preview of the Passage displays.
- To select a different Passage, select View Passage List to continue searching.
- To link the Passage to the item, select Link Passage.
- To align Standards to an item, select the 3 paper icon.
- Base Standards are chosen standards that appear with every item for quick access. Select the + sign to link a standard to the item. A checkmark appears next to selected standards.
- Select Standards also appear under Aligned Standards. Align as many standards as needed.
- If the standards you are looking for do not appear in the Base Standards, select Edit Base Standards.
- Select one or more of the following:
- Provider - the name of the standard set (Common Core, NGSS, etc.)
- Subject - the subject of standards from the provider (Math, ELA, Science, etc.)
- Grade Level - the student grade in which the standards are for
- Select a standard from the list. A green checkmark appears next to a chosen standard.
- All Base Standards appear in a list. Select the X next to a standard to remove it from the list.
- Select Done after all selections have been made.
To learn more about items, visit Item Creation Tool Bar.