This lesson guides users through using the Link an Assessment View from DnA to eduCLIMBER and possible warnings users may get when doing so.
Required Permission: Link Assessment Views to eduCLIMBER
Before You Begin
Please review the Create and Manage an Assessment View article prior to linking the Assessment View to eduCLIMBER.
Where to Start
- Go to Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Select the desired Assessment View from the list.
Link to eduCLIMBER
- When in the assessment view, select Advanced to access the advanced menu option.
- Select Link to eduCLIMBER.
- A list of Assessments within the view appear on the right. Select a Window for each assessment.
- Select Submit to confirm the Windows.
- When ready to submit the assessments to eduCLIMBER, select Link this Assessment View to eduCLIMBER.
- A green banner will notify you if the linking was successful.
Windows reference the point in time the assessment is given. For example - Fall/Winter/Spring, Quarters, Semesters, Trimesters, Yearlong, and more. The options available in the dropdown should reflect Windows available within eduCLIMBER.
Review Assessment Warnings
Based on the assessments chosen, Illuminate will provide a list of warnings to be aware of. These warnings will not hinder the assessments from linking into your eduCLIMBER account, but would provide unexpected results.
The warning above means that subject areas tagged to the selected assessments if missing or if custom, will be assigned to the Specials category in eduCLIMBER. You may want to consider reviewing and updating the subjects as appropriate for more efficiently visualization of your data.
- For each assessment collected, a testing window needs to be assigned. Testing Windows are configured in eduCLIMBER.
- Once a testing window is selected, select Submit.
Assessments in eduCLIMBER
After logging into eduCLIMER:
- Go to System Configuration.
- Select Assessments.
- Select the Assessment Group in the list. The Assessment Group name matches the name of the Assessment View within DnA.
- The Assessments within the group are automatically created. The names of each assessment match the titles within DnA.
- Windows are automatically linked based on the selections in DnA.
- Performance Bands are not automatically linked within eduCLIMBER. Select Add Bands to add Performance Bands as needed.
While the Assessment Group, Assessments, and Windows are automatically created within eduCLIMBER after selecting Link to eduCLIMBER, the data from the assessments in DnA does not immediately come into eduCLIMBER. It is brought in following the nightly Uploads.
Manage Synced Assessment Views
If you need to stop syncing the assessment view to eduCLIMBER, you can Suspend the sync. This can be used when the view is old or out of date, or contains assessments and data not desired to view in eduCLIMBER.
You can also Resume, or sync the view and added assessments again.
Now you can visit your eduCLIMBER account to visualize your assessment data.