Districts will now be able to update the F&P BI reports each year, starting in the 2023-2024 school year. This allows districts to update and access their F&P BI reports as soon as they've completed the configuration process.
The following information is required in order to set up the new F&P reports:
- The number of F&P administrations. The BI reports support up to 10 administrations.
- The name of each administration. Usually Fall, Winter, and Spring, but can be different depending on the number of administrations and is based on the district's preference.
- The performance levels and cut points for each administration per grade level. If using the official F&P performance levels and cut points, confirm that with Support. If using custom cut points, use Excel file as explained below.
- Open Assessments > View Assessments.
- Select the Summary Assessment for an administration of the current year.
- Select Advanced.
- Select Duplicate Repository.
- Select Ok.
- Select “Copy of…” link in the green banner at top of screen.
- Select the Information tab.
- Remove “Copy of” from title and add the updated school year.
- Set Local ID to: fp_YYYY_admin1. (format required)
- For example, “fp_YYYY_admin1” or “fp_2024_admin2” etc.
- Always use the END YEAR of the academic year. (i.e. “2021–2022” academic year = 2022)
- MUST have a NUMBER after “admin”
If the Local ID is not set properly, the reports will not work.
- Select Save.
Repeat these steps until you have a new Summary Assessment for each administration.
After the report has been created, districts will need to upload their DRA data manually into each Summary Assessment created in step 1. A Summary Assessment should exist for each administration.
These will be titled in the form “YYYY-YY Fountas & Pinnell X Administration” or ““YYYY-YY Fountas & Pinnell X Administration - [Administration Name]”. For example 2022-23 Fountas & Pinnell 1 Administration, or 2022-23 Fountas & Pinnell 1 Administration - Fall
Districts will need to enter or upload data for each of the Summary Assessments that correspond to their administrations.
These summary assessments will initially only be shared with Illuminate System Administrators. If other users should also enter data, ensure setting changes have been updated.
After Summary Assessment have been created and data has been uploaded, the reports should work automatically.
This file only needs to be completed once, unless cutpoints are changed in the future.
- Download the fp_cutpoints_blank_template.csv file.
- For each administration/grade level/performance level, enter the appropriate floor and ceiling value. The values you enter must be one of the following:
- Below A, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
- The floor to ceiling range is inclusive. There should be no overlap between the performance levels within a grade level administration. Refer to the fp_cutpoints_default.csv attachment as an example.
- Submit this file, along with the other information (# of administrations & names of administrations) to the DnA Support team. The new F&P report will be created as soon as we can, and you will be contacted when it is finished being created.
Delete any rows that are not used. For example, if only grades K-5 are tested, delete all the rows for grades 6-8. Or, if there are only 3 performance levels, delete all the rows for performance level 4.
After the setup of the new F&P components, there will be three reports available for use:
If a districts wants to run previous years in these reports, the Summary Assessments would need to be duplicated for each of the previous years. Additionally, each would need an update Local ID that represent the previous year (i.e. fp_2022_admin1) and would need to have the data loaded into them.