The Ed-Fi Operational Data Store (ODS) allows districts to store information from multiple systems into a one secure location. This provides a singular platform for districts to view a variety of data. Configuring Ed-Fi API credentials is the first step in enabling the data push from DnA to the Ed-Fi ODS. This article guides districts through Configuring their Ed-Fi API Credentials.
Required Permissions: EdFi API Credentials
Configuring Ed-Fi API Credentials
- Select the Gear Icon to open Administration Options.
- Select Ed-Fi Credentials.
- Select the version of the Ed-Fi Assessment Outcomes API that aligns to the ODS version.
- Enter the Auth Base URL. (Required)
- Enter the API Base URL. (Required)
- Enter the Key for the API consumer. (Required)
- Enter the Secret for the API consumer. (Required)
- Enter a Namespace that exists in the ODS. This is optional. If left blank, the namespace will default to http://illuminateed.com.
- Select the Academic Year that contains the assessments that need to be sent to the ODS. This will need to be updated for rollover to new school years.
- Use the radio buttons to Prepend endpoints with Academic Year in the ODS.
- In v2, this is required to be “Yes”.
- In v3, this is optional and most likely should be set to “No” due to the ODS determining the proper School Year based on the data of the assessment.
If using an integration partner / vendor, they may be able to inform you which version the district is using or direct them where to find it (eg: in Data Connect).
Now that the Ed-Fi API credentials have been configured, take a look at Test Ed-Fi Credentials (Advanced Users).