Testing Ed-Fi API credentials is the second step in enabling the data push from DnA to the Ed-Fi ODS and ensures a successful link between platforms. This article guides districts through testing their Ed-Fi API Credentials.
Required Permissions: EdFi API Tester
Test Ed-Fi Credentials
- Select the Gear Icon to open Administration Options.
- Select Ed-Fi API Tester.
- Enter the Api Url Endpoint. Enter a value that matches the convention: "<academic year>/assessments>". For example, the 2022-2023 school year you would enter “2023/assessments”.
- If using API v2, the academic year is required.
- If using the Ed-Fi Assessment Outcomes API v3, the <academic year> portion can most likely be left off.
If using an integration partner / vendor, they may be able to inform you which version the district is using or direct them where to find it (eg: in Data Connect).
- Use the dropdown menu to select the Method.
- Select Send Request.
If an error message appears in the Response (JSON) text box, double check the EdFi Credential Configuration and try again.
Now that the Ed-Fi API credentials have been tested, take a look at Configure Ed-Fi Assessment Module.