This lesson will cover how to effectively use the navigational menus for Illuminate Education products.
User Information, Help and More!
After logging on, look in the upper-right corner of your screen:
1. You'll see who is logged on.
2. You'll see your username, role, what site you're logged in under, the session and the term under which you're logged on.
3. Edit Account is where you can change your password and sign out.
4. Visit the Help system for step-by-step lessons, videos, and more.
5. Other is where you will find our Release Notes which list New Features, Enhancements, Fixes, etc. recently made to the system.
6. Change Student Set allows you to navigate to see prior years students, other sites (if you have access to them) or just specific student groups.
See the "Introduction" manual of Help for details on changing your site, term, or password, or logging of or on.
You can also click on any tile to navigate to a specific section within Illuminate with one click. These are customizable per user! For more information, see the help document here.
The search bar at the top of the page searches not only students, but navigation and help documentation as well.
"Take a Tour " of Illuminate via the tab at the end of the Navigation Bar.
Explore the site to see what is available, and see other lessons in the Help system for guidance. The "Introduction" manual's "Finding Your Way Around" is a good place to start.
1. Look for Excel and PDF icons to download/print data.
2. Click column headers to sort, for example, lowest to highest.
3. Look out for pagination, many reports have multiple pages.
4. Look out for view more students 'Show'.
Additional Resources for an Introduction to Illuminate- See Illuminate U's lesson: U010-Getting Started with Illuminate!