This lesson goes over the simple features available on the Student Comments page. Student Comments allows a user to enter comments (non Behavior or Health related) that are tied to a specific student. Any users with visibility to see the student, can view the comments attached. This is an optional and permissible feature and must be enabled by a System Administrator.
Please note, Student Comments are not available for Custom Reporting at this time.
Where to Start
1. Select the Students module
2. Click Comments under the General header.
Note: if you don't have a student selected, it will bring up Student Search 2.0 to help you locate the student.
If you have recently searched a student, it will take you to the last student you searched.
3. Once you've selected a student, click Quick Nav.
4. Select Student Comments.
Student Comments Overview
You will be able to view any comments associated with a student.
- A Date (1) will be associated with each comment
- Comment (2) will display a portion of the comment entered
- Comment Category (3) and Comment Type (4) options are created by a System Administrator and typically do not include Behavior or Health information
- Based on permission, comments can be marked as Confidential (5) for specific users to view
- Last Modified (6) displays a date in which the comment may have been edited or revised by a user
- Modified By (7) will display the comment author's information
- Based on permission, specific Actions (8) will be available in viewing, managing, or removing comments and are enabled by a System Administrator
- The Search (9) bar is available to quickly search through available comments
- To print the comments page, select any of the Print Options (10) (such as Excel, PDF, or Text file) or the More button for additional printing options
- To add a comment, select Add Student Comment (11)
Add a Student Comment
1. Select a Comment Category from the dropdown menu.
2. Use the radio button to select Yes or No, to make the comment confidential or not. This will make it private to you as a user.
3. Type your Comment (3) in the text box.
4. Click Save when finished.
View, Edit, or Delete a Student Comment
Once a comment has been created and saved, you will return to the Student Comments page. Only the author of the comment, with the exception of those with permission, can edit or delete their own comments:
View Student Comments
To view a comment, select the View (1) or page icon under the Actions menu.
The comment will appear on its own page with the basic student demographic information on the top and the selected student comment on the bottom. Select Back to Student Comments to return to the Student Comments page.
Edit Student Comments
To edit or revise a comment, select the Edit (2) or pencil icon under the Actions menu.
All the original entry tools will become available to edit and revise the information. Don't forget to Save.
Delete Student Comments
To delete a comment, select the Delete (3) or trashcan icon under the Actions menu. The system will prompt you to confirm that you wish to delete the comment, by selecting Okay. The deleted comment cannot be restored.
Learn more about the various Student Profile views and widgets of information!