This lesson guide you through adding and removing students from a Student Group.
Where to Start
- Click Students.
- Under the General, select Student Groups.
- Click the name of the Student Group to open it.
You can add students using the following options:
- Grade Levels: Add an entire grade level. e.g. Add all 7th graders to the Student Group.
- Programs: Add all students from a Student Program. e.g. Students with 504 plans, GATE, McKinney Vento, etc.
- Reports: Add students from a custom report. e.g. Create a custom report ahead of time which you've filtered to only include students with particular test scores, demographics, etc., and then use that report to populate your Student Group.
- Sections: Add students by class section. e.g. By enrollment/period.
- Add Students: Add individual students by name.
Note: Adding students does not work like filters, which limit your selection. All students that meet each of those individual criteria will be added regardless of whether or not they fit the other criteria. For example, if you add Grade 1 and EL Students, the Student Group will include all Grade 1 students AND all EL students.
Tip: Adding students by Grade Level, Program, Custom Report or Section will make your group dynamic. That means when new students fit the selection criteria, they will automatically be added to the group. When you add students manually (Add Students), the group will only reflect the students you manually selected.
- Select a Site.
- Select an Enrollment/Roster Date.
- Click Find Students.
Note: Additional filters are optional and available by clicking the Additional Filters link.
- A list of students matching your search criteria will populate.
- Select the student(s) you wish to add by using the checkboxes under the Select column. OR
- Click All to select all students listed on the page.
- Click Add Students.
- You will receive a green confirmation message.
Students can be removed by using the tab by which they were added.
Grade Levels tab example:
- Click Grade Levels.
- Use the checkbox to select the Grade Level you would like to remove.
- Click Update Grade Levels.
- Click Students.
- Use the checkboxes to select students you would like to remove.
- Check the box next to Remove to select all students.
- Add an End Date to exit the student without removing them from the group.
- Click Save Changes.
To learn more about Student Groups, check out the other lessons in Student Groups.