Student Groups allow you to classify students by a Custom Report that you create, to build and share access to those students with other users and/or view the site and its reports through the lens of that group.
This lesson will show you how to create a student group from a Custom Report.
Where to Start
1. Click Reports.
2. Select View Reports.
3. Find and select the Custom Report you created and want to create a Student Group from.
Create a Student Group
The report will display a list of students based on your visibility that apply to the criteria of the report.
3. Click Advanced.
4. Select Create Student Group.
If a Custom Report has been shared to you by another user with the permission "Can Edit," you will also be able to create a student group from the report.
Name Your Group
5. Enter a name or title for your student group.
6. Select Save and Proceed to Student Group.
If you want to have the option of logging in under your student group to narrow your viewpoint to those students when using the system (e.g., to view those students, their test scores, etc. when viewing reports such as the Student Profile Report, custom report, etc.), then:
7. Select Yes for Visibility Group, and then
8. Click Save Changes.
The summary will show the report that creates this student group. As the report is edited and updated, the student group will be updated and edited as well.
9. Reports (e.g. You can create a custom report ahead of time which you've filtered to only include students with particular test scores, demographics, etc., and then use that report to populate your student group)
10. Share (e.g. with another user, grade level, etc.).
You might be interested in other lessons in the Student Groups manual, or visit our Reports manual for lessons on assessment data analysis.
For additional resources on Creating Student Groups from a Custom Report- See Illuminate U's lesson: U060 Using Custom Reports to Create Student Groups