This lesson will guide you through the process of merging dwelling information for students.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Administrative Gear icon.
2. Under Student Contacts, click Dwelling Merger.
3. Click Find Duplicates.
4. Count- This shows how many times this dwelling is in the system.
5. Merge- Click Merge to merge these entries.
This screen will show the information for both dwellings.
6. Click Merge Dwellings to merge and then edit the dwelling information.
You will be prompted with the question, "Are you sure you want to merge the following dwellings?"
Note: There are instances where dwellings at the same address actually represent two different households. For example, a student lives with his or her mother in a house that they share with his or her aunt and cousins. It's important to be aware of these special cases as merging cannot be undone.
Once dwellings are merged, you will be able to further edit any of the information associated with it. Click Save to keep these changes.
You will receive the confirmation, "Dwelling information successfully updated."