The ability to edit or delete attendance is permission based. If you need to have this permission enabled, contact your Illuminate system admin. This lesson will show you how to change or remove a student's attendance.
Permissions may vary depending on the roles and responsibilities of the user at your Organization or Site. However, to Edit or Delete Attendance there are specific permissions to enable for users:
Where to Start
1. Click Attendance.
2. Under Take Attendance, click By Student.
You will be re-directed to the Student Search. Search for the student you wish to edit attendance for.
Edit or Delete Attendance
Explicit attendance is when a flag is selected flag and deleted (such as changing it to absent or tardy).
When the teacher doesn't select a flag for the student and saves the attendance for the class, the student is given an implied present based on the default attendance flag.
Implied attendance doesn't need to be deleted because no real value is stored in the system. This is why you would get a message that there's nothing to delete when trying to delete implied present attendance.
Select Date and/or Period
1. Select the Attendance Period you would like to take attendance for from the dropdown menu.
2. Click Load.
3. Select the checkboxes for the periods you would like to take attendance for.
4. Chose the new Attendance Flag from the 'Mark Attendance Records' dropdown. NOTE: To delete attendance, see the next section below.
5. Click Save.
Warning: Editing/deleting student attendance will produce the following results:
- The student will no longer have Gradebook data.
- You will no longer be able to take attendance for the student.
1. Click the checkbox next to all attendance records you wish to delete.
2. Click the ... button and Delete Selected.
3. If you are sure you'd like to continue, click all the checkboxes and then Delete Attendance.
4. You will see a processing bar then the green success message as seen above. Click Close to return to the student's record.
See other lessons within the "Attendance" manual for guidance in related tasks.