This document reviews the purpose of Attendance Letters and the basic set-up of this feature in Illuminate.
Our Attendance Letter tool aims to help districts minimize the work and create efficiency when organizing, generating, and mailing notice letters to their parent constituents.
In order for a user to access Attendance Letters, a System Admin must enable the appropriate permissions for the user or role. In the Permissions Module, there are three different permissions associated with Attendance Letters:
- Generate Attendance Letters
- Manage Attendance Letter Layouts
- Manage Attendance Letter Thresholds
- Attendance or office faculty responsible for Attendance letters should have the permission "Generate Attendance Letters.:
- A district-level admin should have all three the permissions: "Generate Attendance Letters," and "Manage Attendance Letter Layouts" and "Manage Attendance Letter Thresholds." We recommend a district-level admin handle the management of the letters.
- Unless thresholds different differ between site-to-site or from primary-to-secondary, "Manage Attendance Letter Thresholds" should be kept at the District level.
- If a district wants unique attendance letter templates (i.e. logos, saluations, or signatures) or verbiage for each school site or a different layout between their primary and secondary sites, they can opt to enable the "Manage Attendance Letter Layouts" permission to site-level users and train on-site users.
Where to Start
Users can find the Attendance Letter page by:
1. Selecting the Attendance tab.
2. Under Forms, click Attendance Letters.