This document reviews the purpose of Attendance Letters and the basic set-up of this feature in Illuminate.
Where to Start
1. Select Attendance.
2. Click Attendance Letters.
In order for a user to access Attendance Letters, a System Admin must enable the appropriate permissions for the user or role. In the Permissions Module, there are three different permissions associated with Attendance Letters:
- Generate Attendance Letters
- Manage Attendance Letter Layouts
- Manage Attendance Letter Thresholds
- Attendance or office faculty responsible for Attendance letters should have the permission "Generate Attendance Letters.:
- A district-level admin should have all three the permissions: "Generate Attendance Letters," and "Manage Attendance Letter Layouts" and "Manage Attendance Letter Thresholds." We recommend a district-level admin handle the management of the letters.
- Unless thresholds different differ between site-to-site or from primary-to-secondary, "Manage Attendance Letter Thresholds" should be kept at the District level.
- If a district wants unique attendance letter templates (i.e. logos, saluations, or signatures) or verbiage for each school site or a different layout between their primary and secondary sites, they can opt to enable the "Manage Attendance Letter Layouts" permission to site-level users and train on-site users.