This lesson will guide you through the process of Form Letter Template Linking.
Templates and Template Linking
Click on Templates to bring you Attendance Form Letter Templates page.
Click on Template Linking to bring you to a page where you can link templates to the current letter set.
Attendance Form Letter Templates Page
- Clicking on "Add Form Letter Template" creates a template.
- PDF: Link to a page where users may upload a blank PDF template.
- Layout: Link to a blocking (field) page where you can configure different fields similar to a form letter application.
Template Linking Page
- This shows different languages available for correspondence. Note, this is set up in Code Management under the table called "Language." The language must be set with 'Is Correspondence' as "Yes/True." Additionally, the Correspondence Language field on the student demographic details page needs to match the language template you want to see printed for that student (i.e. Spanish needs to be selected in that field for the Spanish template to print).
- Form Letter Templates are linked here.
- Allows users to jump from page to page of the PDF template.
- List of available fields. Currently, there is no way to add new fields for the letter.
- Tools for manipulating the field.
- Field from the list of available field. Blocking on a template uses dragging and dropping. Click and drag your fields from the list and drop it into the template. Selecting multiple fields is possible by "boxing," where the mouse his clicked and a box is made over the interested fields.
- List of currently used fields. A field that is currently used in the template may not be used more than once.