This document briefly goes over the Generate Letters page. Â Please note that we offer a friendly reminder on the Attendance Letter module that the system can generate in batches of 50 letters at a time.
Notification Status presents two different options: "Pending Notifications" and "All Notifications." Please note the differences between the two:
- Pending Notifications: Â students who crossed the letter set's threshold(s) without its respective letter sent.
- All Notifications: Â students with either a pending letter and/or previously sent letters will appear on this list.
Letter Set: Â allows the user to choose between different letter sets. Â These are set up at the admin level.
Count From: sets where the threshold will begin counting from.
Filters: two choices, "Exclude students younger than 6 years of age" or "Exclude students 18 years of age or older." Â
- The left-most Check Box column allows you to select students from your search results. Â If you click the header column with the blue, check-box icon, you can actually select all of you results. Â Please note fifty letter generation limit.
- Student ID, First Name, Last Name and Grade Level columns are identifiers to help locate students.
- Trigger Count shows the quantity of flags associated with the Letter Set and counts using the Count From option.
- Trigger Percent shows a student's threshold proximity (as in how close he is to the nearest notice or how far over) based on the Trigger Count. Â Note, these are set in the Letter Set. Â A student will go over 100% if the has not received a pending.
- Previous Letter Sent displays the last letter sent for a student.
- Previous Letter Date shows when the previous letter was sent.
- Pending Letter signifies if the student currently has a pending letter.
Generating Pending Notifications
- Select "Pending Notifications" as your Notification Status.
- Select your Letter Set, Count From and any applicable filters.
- Hit the blue "Search" button.
- You may use the student search function to look for a specific student.
- Check all students who apply. Â Note, the top most blue, checked-box icon selects all that applies.
- After the list populates you may select in the drop down the specific letter from your Letter Set or choose to send the pending letter (if applicable).
Viewing All Notifications
Note the similarity in steps to produce "All Notifications" and "Pending Notifications." Â The only difference is that we see any student who has a pending letter and/or any student with letter sent out before. Â With the picture provided above, you can see a difference between three of the columns when using All versus Pending.
Edit Generation Log (Permission Based Feature)
If you have permission to edit the letter generation log, you will see a tab at the top of the page labelled 'Edit Generation Logs'. Click on this tab to access the logs.
1. Select which Letter Configuration you wish to run the log for as well as the dates the letters were Generated Between.
2. Click Load Logs.
3. Edit the date next to whichever student(s) you wish to change it for by clicking on the calendar icon. Note: If you want to delete the history of an attendance letter that was sent for a student, simply clear out the date in that field next to the appropriate log so it is blank.
4. Click Save.