This lesson will guide you through the setup of Short Course Segments. Short Course Segments are used any time you have classes available that are shorter than the term length. For example, you have a school that is set up with semester terms, but within that school there is a course that is offered as a quarter-long class.
Where to Start
1. Select the Scheduling tab.
2. Under Course Management, click Short Course Segments.
Add a Quarter Segment
If creating Quarter Segments at Site level:
1. Give your Quarter Segment a Name.
2. Give it a Start/End Date.
3. Press Save.
Push Out Schedule Segments
If creating Quarter Segments at District level to be pushed to Sites:
1. Select the Site(s) to push this Quarter Segment to.
2. Give the Quarter Section a Name.
3. Give it a Start/End Date.
4. Press Save to save it to the selected site(s).
Note: In order for students to flow from one section to the next seamlessly all sections in the "path" still need to be linked. Please see the help doc on Linked Sections.