Students who move sections within the semester/trimester/quarter need their schedule adjusted to reflect the change(s). This lesson will show you how to edit or delete a student schedule.
Proceed with caution! Any changes you make with take effect immediately. These changes will affect Gradebook and Attendance data for students. Deleting a section will remove all Gradebook and Attendance data.
Where to Start
1. Click Students.
2. Under General, click Schedule 2.0.
3. If you have not searched for a student yet, do so now. You will be taken to the Student Search. Type in the student information and press Search.
4. You will be taken to the Student's schedule, under Sections Search you can search by Course ID, Course Name or Teacher Name.
To enroll a student in a new section, enter the date (5) that reflects the first day attendance will be taken for the student. Select a section (6) from list of sections. Click on the green plus sign (7).
Proceed with caution! Any changes you make with take effect immediately. These changes will affect Gradebook and Attendance data for students. Deleting a student from a section will remove all Gradebook and Attendance data.
8. Clicking on the ⛔️ icon in the Current Schedule area will unschedule the student from that section.
9. Clicking the trash can on a roster record without attendance data will completely remove it. Note: a section that contains attendance data cannot be removed.
Keep in mind, this is NOT the button to remove a wrongfully assigned section.
Enter the date that reflects the last day attendance will be taken for the student by clicking on the calendar under the exit column (11).
Caution: By deleting a section you are also deleting attendance history.
If an section needs to be deleted click on the trash can corresponding with the section (12).
Note: Dates should follow in numerical order. For example, if the student exits the class on 2/3/2012, he/she should enter the new class on 2/4/2012, not 3/1/2012.
You may be interested in other lessons within the "Scheduling" manual.