This lesson is intended as a guide to completing the Developmental Status page in the IFSP.
Where to Start
To start an IFSP click Special Ed tab-> IFSP Details-> Pencil Icon (next to desired IFSP)-> Wizard Quick Navigation-> Developmental Status Details.
Developmental Status Page Overview
There are three areas on Developmental Status page. Each area will be described in more detail in subsequent steps.
1. The first area includes information about the student's age as well information used when determining eligibility.
2. This second includes information about the evaluation. There are several sections within this area (e.g., Health, Vision, Fine Motor, Hearing, Gross Motor, Cognitive/Thinking, etc.).
3. The third section allows users to upload files relevant to the student's Developmental Status.
Input Report Date, Number of Weeks Premature and Eligibility Information
1. Enter the Report Date that in the provided field. ¬†Note: ¬†This date should be the date that the infant/toddler was assessed.
2. As appropriate, select the Number of Weeks Premature from the drop-down.
3. Select any sources of information that were not used when determining eligibility.
4. For any selections in Step 3 above, explain why that source was not used when determining the student's eligibility.
Add Present Levels, Assessment Tool(s) and Professional Input/Need for Special Education Services
1. If information in the related evaluation area is contained in an attached document, click the check box.
2. ¬†Input the date of the report.
Hint: Once you have selected the radial button for all of the areas that have the same date as the Gross Motor, click the Pencil and Paper Icon and it will automatically add the same date to those fields selected.
Add Present Levels of Development
1. ¬†In the provided field type any Developmental Evaluation, Ongoing Assessment, Parent Input, etc.)
2. ¬†Enter the Date.
Enter the Assessment Tool, Name, Assessor Title and Date
1. Type the name of the assessor. ¬† Note: the assessor and tool fields are both auto-complete and open-ended. You may begin typing a person's name and select it from the list or input the name of a person not in the system. The same is true for the assessment tool field. You may begin typing the name of an assessment and select it from a list or input the name of an assessment not in the system.
2. ¬†Type the Title of the assessor in the text box.
3. ¬†Select the Tool that was used from the drop-down.
4. ¬†Type the Date the assessment was completed.
Note: Click the plus sign button to add additional Name/Title/Role and Tool to the Developmental Status and repeat steps 1-4 above.
Add professional Input/Need for Special Education Services
1. ¬†Type in Professional Input/Need for Special Education Services in the text box.
Click Choose File.
Select file to be uploaded by doubling clicking on the file.
1. Input a File Description.
2. Click "Upload."
3. Click "Save" to save ALL of the information on the Developmental Status page or "cancel" to return to the previous screen without saving.
After saving you will see the file uploaded to the Developmental Status Page.
To continue to the next step in the IFSP process click the "Next Step" button.