This lesson shows how to use the Advanced Search feature within the Language module. This search is unique to language details of a child, providing the ability to search by English Proficiency, Langauge Information, US Entry Information, Reclassification Information, Follow-Ups, and even customized Notes, if and when applicable.
Advanced Search Overview
Depending on the Language Details previously entered and recorded for students, you may search by any or all of the following options:
- General Information (1) is based on visibility and students you have access to; By default, it should only show the students currently affiliated with your user account; Noticed enrollment status and can be changed from the default of Currently Enrolled when necessary
- English Proficiency (2) will allow you to search by English Proficiency level, LEP and FEP Dates, EL Program Participation, EL Setting and Transition Date; Available data is dependent on the Home Language Survey results entered or recorded for students
- Language Information (3) provides the ability to find students based on primary, first, home, and/or adult language, as recorded from the Home Language Survey
- US Entry Information (4) can find students by US Entry or US School Date, as well as CA School Entry Date, if and when recorded
- Reclassification Information (5) allows you to search for students who have been previously reclassified by date, reason for denied status, and whom they were denied by, when and if applicable; Reclassification Denied is either YES or NO; Reclassification Denied By is a case-sensitive search option
- Follow-Ups (6) if recorded, can search for recorded One-Year and Two-Year Follow Up Dates and satisfactory status
- Notes (7) if recorded, can search for students who have similar notes; This is a case-sensitive search option, best for common notes placed amongst multiple students
Once the preferred search options are selected, select Search (8) on the top-right or bottom-right of the search options
Advanced Search Results
Based on criteria selected, a student list of students who meet that criteria will display in a student list.
- Select the student icon (1) to view the student's Student Demographic Details page; Permissions may vary if Language Information will be available for review or edit
- Details and information displayed also include Student ID (2), Birth Date (3), Alias (4) when available, Gender (5), Current School/Site (6), and Current Grade Level (7), based on the search criteria entered in the search screen
- To print or download a version of this search, select Print Options (8) such as Adobe PDF, Microsoft Excel, and Other formats, including the More... button for additional formatting options
- Need to start over or search again? Select New Search (9) to return to the Advanced Search screen
To view and/or edit a student's Language Details, select a student's name (10).
Now that you have selected a student to review or edit Language Details for, visit the Manage and Edit Language Details lesson.