Your District's Illuminate System Administrator or those with permission can manage state data such as CELDT. This lesson will show you how to edit CELDT scores from the Language module and where it will appear in the student's profile.
Where to Start
Select Language, then click Language Details.
Language Details Overview
If this is the first time accessing a student's information since you have logged into Illuminate, you will be taken to the Advanced Search menu to search for a student. Learn how to use the Advanced Search tool.
You will be taken to a previously viewed student, if you have searched or viewed a student previously in your session.
- To search for a new student select New Student Search
- Select Edit CELDT to begin.
Add and Manage CELDT
If CELDT information is not already entered that means the student's assessment information was not included in the state CELDT import. The student's CELDT information can be manually entered. The following fields are required to be provided for the student:
- Select an academic year if different than the current academic year
- Enter the student's Local Student ID
- Enter the student's SSID or State Student ID
- Select the Test Purpose options include Initial Assessment, Annual Assessment, Annual Assessment (outside the window), or Test Purpose Unknown
- Record the Test Date of when the assessment was administered
- Record the Proficiency Level Overall as indicated on the state assessment results
- Select Save when entries have been made.
All other information is considered optional, but helpful in recording a student's CELDT performance and maximize additional CELDT reporting features.
Where Does CELDT Display?
As you can see in the screenshot below, CELDT assessment data entered will be part of any place CELDT data is displayed in the system. Looking at the Student Profile page, the CELDT - Overview widget shows the entered assessment and required information only.
Optional information such as Scale Score (SS) and Proficiency Level (PL) for each domain would appear if entered for the student. Information such as this would also provide more in depth analysis about the student's performance and maximize additional CELDT reporting.