In this lesson, you will learn about Language Comments can be assigned to a students language information.
Language Comment Category and Type must be enabled and setup by the District Illuminate System Administrator or those with permission within Code Management. Comments are based on visibility and the author or those with appropriate permission can edit or delete comments recorded for a student.
If you have searched or viewed a student previously in your session, you will be taken to the previously viewed student's Language Comments page.
- To search for a new student select New Student Search (1)
- To view previous Student search results, select Back to Previous Search Results (2)
Select Add Language Comment (3) to begin and add a new language comment.
For each comment entered, select the following:
- Comment Category is setup via Code Management.
- Comment Type also setup via Code Management, is the type of comment being recorded.
- Enter the desired Comment.
- Always Save entries.
Confidential? This feature is permission-based. When available, the user can mark the comment confidential or not which will only allow other users who have the permission to see confidential comments to see them.
Once a comment is made, additional Actions may be available to you:
- To see a read-only version of the comment select the View icon.
- To edit, change or refine the comment, select the Pencil icon.
- To remove or delete a comment, select the Trash Can icon.
Various permissions are available to assign to view, edit, and delete both confidential and non-confidential comments. Please contact your System Administrator for more information.
Want to view the Language Modification Log? Visit the Language Modification Log to get started.