This lesson is intended to be helpful for providers who wish to log encounters and bill Medicaid for their services. This lesson will provide a detailed walkthrough of how to create and log an encounter simultaneously for ALL students.
Where to Start
1. Click the Medicaid tab.
2. Click the Provider Case Load link.
Note: Based on a user's permissions, additional links may appear. For those users with limited permissions, simply clicking the Medicaid tab will open the Provider Case Load screen.
1. Utilize filter options to narrow search. Enter a few letters up to an entire Last Name, First Name, Role, and/or Site.
2. Click the Search button.
Note: Depending on the search specificity more than one Provider may appear. See the next step for information on how to Choose a Provider. In most cases, the Choose a Provider screen will not be available. Unless you are an administrator or have special permissions, you may only have access to your own Case Load.
Select the desired Provider by clicking on his/her name.
Note: Clicking the provider's name will automatically redirect you to the Provider Case Load screen where you can view all of the Active and Inactive students on your Case Load.
Add Encounter for All Current Students
To simultaneously add encounters for all students on a provider's case load: click the Add Encounter For All Current Students link.
Note: Clicking the Add Encounter For All Current Students link will automatically redirect you to the Enter Group Logging Page where you can edit Group Encounter Details for all students currently on a provider's case load.
1. From the Drop Down menu select the Program/Service for which you would like to log an encounter.
2. Select the Service Type from the Drop Down menu.
3. Using the Date Picker Icon, select the Service Date.
4. Depending on the Service Type selected in Step #2 the Start Time/End Time option may appear. Indicate the Start Time/End Time using the provided fields and Drop Down menus.
5. From the Drop Down menu denote the student's Progress (i.e., No Progress, Slight Progress, Moderate Progress, Achieved, Not Applicable).
6. Select the Medical Area(s) form the Drop Down menu(s). An optional Drop Down menu is provided for instances involving multiple Medical Areas.
7. Note a description of the Treatment, Service Type, and/or any additional Comments in the provided field.
Click the Save button in the lower left corner, at the bottom of the list.
Note: When entering multiple student encounters for all students you ARE NOT required to enter Encounter Group Details for all students. If you wish only to enter Encounter Group Details for a targeted number of students, simply enter details on students for whom you wish to log an encounter and click the Save button to record your selections.
Hint: The Pencil and Paper Icon will automatically fill down for an entire column allowing you to save time by quickly and easily applying a Service Type, Service Date, Start Time/End Time, and/or Medical Area(s) to all students!