This is a guide to setting up relationships between delegates and their supervisors for purposes of verifying Medicaid encounters.
Note: You will need to have the correct permissions in order to perform this function. Please contact your system administrator if you need permissions added to access this functionality.
Where to Start
For ISE Only Users to begin setting up users for verification select Medicaid -> Verification Relationship.
For Multi-product Users to begin setting up users for verification select Special Ed -> Verification Relationship.
Choose a Provider
Search for a Provider that you would like to establish as a supervisor and click "Search."
This should be the person who will be in charge of supervising and verifying delegate logs (i.e., the OT, PT, etc.)
Note: You may search by all or part of the first and/or last name, by role, by site, or any combination of the aforementioned.
Search for Delegates
There are several filter options that can be used in independently or in any combination.
1. Enter all or part of the "Last Name" of the user requiring supervision.
2. Enter all or part of the "First Name" of the user requiring supervision.
3. Use the "Site" filter to narrow results for a user affiliated to a specific site.
4. Use the "Role" filter to narrow results to a user with a specified role.
5. Use the "Is Active" filter to generate a list of users who are active, inactive, or either active or inactive.
6. Use the "My Delegates" filter to limit the results to users who are already assigned to the supervisor as delegates (via Medicaid Caseload).
7. Click "Add" to search for users that you would like to add as delegates to the supervisor. Click "Edit" to search for users that you would like to edit (start or end dates) or delete.
Note: Clicking "Add" will only allow you to add new users as delegates under the supervisor. You will not be able to edit any dates in this mode. To make changes to delegates complete the search criteria as desired and click the "Edit" button. By doing this you will be able to edit start and end dates as well as delete a delegate/supervisor relationship. Deleting will PERMANENTLY REMOVE the relationship and is only recommended in cases of clerical error. If a relationship has ended between the supervisor and delegate an end date should be input.
Add a Relationship
1. Input a "Start Date" for the user(s) who require supervision. The "End Date" is not required; however, if the date is known, it is recommended that it be input.
2. Click "Submit."
Edit or Delete a Relationship
To make changes to delegates complete the search criteria as desired and click the "Edit" button (see above steps).
1. Make any necessary changes to the "Start Date" or "End Date."
2. Click the Red Minus Button to delete the supervisor/delegate relationship. Deleting will PERMANENTLY REMOVE the relationship and is only recommended in cases of clerical error. If a relationship has ended between the supervisor and delegate an end date should be input.
3. Click the "Submit" button when finished.
Repeat this process as many times as necessary to assign all delegates to the appropriate provider.
Note: Don't forget to switch supervisors when you are finished assigning delegates (see above screenshot)!
You are now ready to begin verifying logs that have been entered by delegates.
For more information on verifying logs see the "Verify Delegate Logs" lesson in this manual.