This lesson will guide you through the process of Creating GradeBooks with Custom Rosters. This feature allows users to find and add students to a GradeBook outside an already created student group or section. The tool grabs the students selected, automatically creates a student group and links it to the GradeBook. This feature removes the requirement of creating and managing student groups outside of the GradeBook.
Currently, students must be linked to gradebook via section in order for the grades to reflect in the Portal. The teacher can share the Gradebook with Portal and the Gradebook title will display in Portal, but no grades will display in Portal until the student-rostered section has been linked via Setup > Details.
Where to Start
- Click on the Gradebook tab.
- Select My GradeBooks.
Creating Your Gradebook
Once you've selected a Points-Based or Standards Based GradeBook:
- Give the GradeBook a name.
- Manage Students
- By Student allows you to create a gradebook with a custom group of students. You add them on a per student basis. Using this option will allow you to set and Enter and Leave date for the student if you chose, if not, it will default to the full school year. You can delete a single student using the trash can icon to the right of the dates.
- Save and go directly into the GradeBook.
- Delete All Students will delete all current choices.
Have questions about Custom Rosters? Visit the Custom Rosters FAQ.
Manage a Custom Roster in an Existing Gradebook
- Go to Gradebooks.
- Select My Gradebooks.
- Click Details.
- Use the dropdown By Student to search and add students. Just start typing a student's name and select to add.
- Entry Date is the date the student will begin to show up in the GradeBook. This will default to the current date.
- Leave Date when the student will 'leave' the GradeBook. By default, the leave date is the last day of school.
- Click the trash can to delete students from the GradeBook.
- Click Save to save any changes made.