This lesson will show you how to duplicate a current gradebook for the following or new school year. The Gradebook Duplicator allows teachers to take an existing gradebook with all of its assignments and create the same exact gradebook with modified dates for use in another semester, term or year. Duplicating Gradebooks is NOT recommended for new grading periods, but for the next school year, when teaching the same subject or course.
Where to Start
1. Select the gradebook to duplicate.
2. Give the gradebook a name.
3. Select the New Assignment Start Date. For example, if you are duplicating a Fall semester gradebook, maybe the start date is 01/15/2013 for the Spring semester.
4. Select the Sections (courses) this gradebook will be tied to. This will determine the students that will populate the gradebook.*
5. Select any Student Groups you want this gradebook to apply to. (Optional)*
6. Click Preview Assignments to see/edit the assignments that will be carried over with the new gradebook.
*When the new school year and Student Information Data is available, you will be able to select the Section/Courses and/or Student Groups that are appropriate. The steps above is purely to have the Gradebook prepared in your account.
Duplicate Previous Assignments
Clicking Preview Assignments will populate the Assignments Details. Here you can choose what assignments you want to include in the new gradebook as well as alter Due Dates, Assign Dates, and Points. The Additional Details column shows assessment and standards link information. When finished, select Save and View Gradebook or Save and Return to go back to the Gradebook List.
After the gradebooks are created to mirror your report card, you might want to begin in the Setup tab to setup the features of your gradebook.
For additional resources on Gradebooks- See Illuminate U's lesson: U200 Getting Started with Gradebook