This lesson will guide you on adding data to the custom report. Please be advised, data available in Illuminate may vary in your site.
Where to Start
Once you have created and opened a custom report, select Add Columns.
Filter Data (Optional)
To narrow down the available Categories, you can select filters.
- Select a data Type.
- Click Update Filters.
If using a Data Type such as Assessments, you can filter additionally using the Author, Year, Grade, Sub Type, and/or Subject that are tied to those assessments.
- Click on any data Category.
- The category will open to display all of its data in the Matching Columns section.
- Optional - Use the search box to search for specific Categories or Matching Columns in the list.
- Click on a Matching Column to pull in ito the Select Columns list. These are the columns that will be pulled in to your report.
- Make as many selections as you like and expand as many data categories as you need to make additional selections.
- To delete a column click the red minus (-) to the left of the column name.
- Click Add Columns to Report when you have finished selecting columns.
Student ID is at minimum required to be on any report in order to pull student information correctly. If using the Student Search 2.0, Student ID and other basic information is already included on the report.
Tips and Tricks to Adding Data: The Sacred Six
Certain data when added to a report can cause multiple records or rows and provide unexpected results.The Sacred Six are data categories that must have their partner also added to the report to use as a filter and help you achieve the best, most accurate results. Please note, depending on the nature of the report, you may not need to add these columns of data.
- When you need to add Enrollment<Grade Level, also add Enrollment<Academic Year
- When you need to add Teacher<Teacher Name, also add Roster<Roster is Current
- When you need to add Enrollment<Site Name, also add Enrollment<Site Current
Once data columns have been added, filters will need to be applied.
Once data has been added, the system will take you to Manage Columns to manage how the report will look with the new data added.
If you are ready to use Filters to narrow down who this report is about, check out Use Filters on Custom Reports!