This will guide you through the process of creating labels from information a custom report.
Where to start
1. Click on the Reports tab.
2. Under General, select View Reports.
3. Click on the Title of the custom report you would like to make labels for.
Adding a Label Template
Once in your Custom Report:
1. Click on the Labels tab.
2. Select Add.
3. Give your labels a name.
4. If you have pre-made Avery Labels, use the drop down menu to select the size you are printing on. If you need to customize the sizing further, click on Custom, and see the next step.
5. Click Save.
Custom Label Sizing
Custom label sizing allows you to customize the dimensions if using a custom label size.
Editing the Layout of the Labels
Once a label has been named, to edit the content and layout of the label, select Labels at the top of your screen. Then click Layout.
1. At left you will see all of the data columns from your custom report that you can add to your labels. To add any of this data, simply click on the grey bar and hold down your mouse button, the bar will turn orange and you can drag it directly on to your label.
2. The corner of each bar can be used to make that data smaller or bigger simply by clicking the pink lines and dragging inward or outward.
Block Alignment Tools
The block alignment tools allows you to align multiple blocks for uniformity.
1. You can left, center, or right align the blocks.
2. You can top, center, bottom align the blocks.
3. You can adjust the height or width of the blocks. The tool will default to adjust to the tallest/widest block. If you hold your shift key as you click on the specific block alignment icon, the tool will adjust to the shortest/most narrow block.
4. When you're finished adding and formatting data blocks, click Save.
A success message will tell you your pdf has been saved. Click OK.
If you are wanting to add text to your labels, for example "To the Parents/Guardians of:", see the lesson on how to Add a Static Text Column to a Custom Report
Printing your Labels
Click Download to generate a PDF file containing your labels for each of your students. From the PDF, click Print.
See the "Edit a Custom Report" lesson to add additional blocks to your labels.