This lesson will cover the process for entering data for a DIBELS assessment. To import DIBELS data from a file, see the lesson Import data into a DIBELS assessment.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Assessments tab.
2. Under General, select View Assessments.
3. Under Type filter for DIBELS (6th or Next). You can also search for the assessments by typing in the assessment title.
4. Click Search. From the list of assessments select the title of the DIBELS assessment you wish to enter data for.
Access the Enter / Edit Page
In the assessment Overview:
5. Click Responses.
6. Select Enter/Edit.
7. Use the search filters to find the students you wish to enter/edit grades for. Depending on your role, you may need to select a school, teacher, course and section from the filters.
8. You can also choose to view all students or students with/without data using the Yes or No buttons under Show only students with data?.
9. Click Find Students.
1. Enter scores: Each DIBELS section will have a box where you can input a student's score.
2. Sort: Re-order the students by score (lowest to highest, highest to lowest) by selecting the arrows next to the column name.
3. Remove student scores: Select the Remove box at the far right and click Save.
4. Click Save when you are finished entering scores.
Any time you want to view your data, you have the following options:
- Click the number next to Students to view responses or click the Responses tab.
- Computed scores are available in the DIBELS prebuilt reports or can be added to a custom report.