This lesson will guide you through the steps to take when wanting to create, edit, or delete a role at your site.
You can create as many roles as needed but remember more roles means more permissions to manage.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Administration Gear.
2. Under Users, select Role Management.
Adding a Role
You will end up on a list of all the role currently set up within your site, to Add a Role, select Add at the top of the page.
1. Role Name- Give the role a name. Ex. Attendance, Tutor, Teacher.
2. Role Short Name- Give the role an abbreviated name if necessary.
3. Role Level- Dependent on your site you may classify your roles into levels. If a user is assigned two non teaching roles they will assume the permissions of the role with the higher role level.
4. Job Classification- Administrator, Teacher, Pupil Services, Non- Certificated Admin, Itinerant Teacher, Non-Certificated Teacher
5. Can Teach?- This will default to No, change to Yes as necessary to the role.
Note: Any role set to yes will only be able to see students rostered to them. This means if you have a teacher that also needs to have access to students not on his/her roster then an additional account will need to be created for them with the Can Teach option set to NO on the secondary account.
6. Can Counsel?- This will default to No, change to Yes as necessary to the role. Setting this to
7. Can Refer Discipline?- This will default to Yes, change to No as necessary to the role. Setting this to yes will allow users to create new behavior incidents in the Behavior module.
8. Click Save.
Once save is clicked, you will be taken back to the role list and receive the confirmation "Role Saved Successfully".
Editing a Role
Follow the steps outlined above under 'Where to Start', once on the roles list, select the pencil/paper icon to make edits to a role.
Any information already in the system for the role will display, make any edits necessary and click Save. You will then be taken back to the list of roles.
Deleting a Role
Follow the steps outlined above under 'Where to Start', once on the roles list, find the role you would like to delete and click on the red X to the left of it.
Note: You should not delete roles that already have users assigned to them.
Once you click on the X, you will receive the following prompt. Click OK to continue.
Once OK is clicked, you will be taken back to the role list and receive the confirmation "Role has been successfully deleted".