When your District's Illuminate administrator manages permissions (e.g., what users can access and do in the Illuminate system), he or she might opt to use one set of permission settings with another scope (e.g., role, site, site and role, or user) to save time. This lesson will show how that can be done.
Where to Start
- Click on the Administration Gear.
- Under Users, select Permissions.
- Select the Module (Admin, Assessments, Behavior, etc.).
- Scope (Site/Role/Site & Role/User) you would like to copy permissions for.
- Click Copy.
- Select a new Permission Scope using the drop-down menu based on "whom" or "what" will now receive the same permission settings.
- Select a Module (i.e., menu of options) that you would like to use when applying the saved permissions. For example, if you select Data and Assessment you will be applying the previously-saved permissions from that particular module.
- Click Load.
If sharing by user, note that the drop-down list of options will only feature users from the site for which you are logged on. To access users from a different site, simply click Change Site / Term and log onto the site that features the users whose permissions you would like to alter.
Based on what you selected on the prior step, you will be given at least one additional scope option (e.g., Role, Site, both of these, etc.), as well as an Action option.
- Use the new drop-down menus to populate any new scope fields that appeared, based on which entity you would now like to receive the previously-saved permissions.
- Use the drop-down Copy Action menu to indicate if you would like to:
- Update (Combine) meaning that any changes you just made to the saved permissions will now be applied to the new scope
- Replace (Overwrite), meaning that the saved permissions will now completely replace/become the permissions of the new scope.
- Click Load.
A green bar noting that the change to the permissions successfully took place appears. Note that you can repeat the previous step multiple times if desired.
To learn more about users, visit User Management.