You can import or enable your student portal accounts using our Core Data Import Tools if you do not want to do it manually. This document will show you how to do that. Please contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) if you have questions on this process.
Prepare the File
No matter what type username you are using for your student portal accounts you can import and enable your student portal accounts just by uploading a file. This file can also be added to your daily automated imports. Create a tab delimited file named ‘student_portal_accounts.txt’ with 5 columns.
- Student ID
- Username (Leave blank if not used)
- E-Mail (Leave blank if not used)
- Enable (1 for Yes, 0 for No)
- Temp Password (Leave blank when using LDAP / Google SSO)
How to Import: To import, goto the ‘Core Data Import / Validation’ tool within the Administration Menu. You must add the “student_portal_accounts.txt” file to a .zip file before uploading via the interface. The filename of the txt must match exactly ‘student_portal_accounts.txt’.
Automate: If you are automating your initial set-up, please request to contact the data team. Otherwise, send in a help ticket requesting assistance with your automation profile if you need additional assistance. To add this dataset to your automation, visit Adding a New Dataset to your Nightly Automation.
Re-Import: Re-importing this file will update any email addresses or usernames. However, temporary passwords will not be updated from re-importing the file. You can force these to update by importing a file to disable the accounts by setting the enable column to ‘0’, then performing another import with ‘enable’ set to ‘1’.
One Time Import
- Click the Admin Gear.
- Click Core Data Import and Validation.
- Enter your email address.
- Upload the zipped file.
- Select which schools this will be Viewable by.
- Select the Config for your school.
- Change the radio button to Run as Import.
- Select Student Portal Accounts.
- Select the file encoding that matches your file.
- Click Submit.
To learn more about the student portal, visit Manage Student Passwords for Online Testing.