This lesson will guide you through enabling or disabling student portal accounts for your students. This process allows you to reset the password for students who have forgotten their passwords, or to correct portal access issues.
Required Permission: Manage Student Portal Access
Where to Start
1. Click Students.
2. Under Student Portal, click Manage Portal Access.
Generating Student Passwords
1. To add a student to the Student Portal, click Add a Student.
2. Depending on your access, you may need to add additional filters to search for your students.
3. Click Find Students.
4. Check the individual student or check all students.
5. To set temporary passwords, choose Random Password or Custom Password. Once the password is set, select OK.
Disable or Reset Student Password for a Single Student
1. Click the red (-) icon to the right of the page. You will be asked to confirm your selection. Click Yes.
2. When successfully deleted, the student's information will be crossed out.
Disable or Reset Student Passwords for Multiple Students
1. Use the checkboxes to select students.
2. Click All if you need to select all students on the page.
3. Click the Delete Student Portal Account button at the top of the page. You will be asked to confirm your selection. Click Yes.
4. When successfully deleted, you will receive a green confirmation message at the top of the page.
Mass Enabling Portal Accounts (For Admins)
Visit the Student/Parent Guide to learn more about how students can access the Student Portal.