This lesson will walk you through the process of creating and editing sessions for your school site(s).
Where to start
1. Click the Administration gear near the top of your screen.
2. Under Calendar, click Sessions.
Click Add Session.
The red asterisks (*) next to fields indicate that those fields must all be populated in order to proceed.
1. Select a Site from the drop-down menu, noting that you can select multiple sites you want this session to apply to.
2. Select the Academic Year in which the upcoming school year will terminate. For example, select 2012 if you are preparing for the 2011-2012 school year.
3. Select a Session Type (for example, is this a normal school year, or is it a summer school session).
4. Select an Attendance Program Set to assign to the session.
Note: The Illuminate default Attendance Program Set is Regular Education. The district will need to manually change Attendance Program Sets as necessary. Changes to the Attendance Program Set at the Session level should only be made if all or at least the majority of the courses or sections offered during this session belong to the new Attendance Program Set. This change is usually made for continuation schools or other alternative education campuses. There will be other opportunities to change the Attendance Program Set at the Course or Section level for. Setting Attendance Program Sets correctly prior to attendance being taken is critical to ensure proper ADA reporting. Please read the help document, How Attendance Works in Illuminate prior to continuing.
5. Click Save and Add More and repeat the above steps for all sites that students will be attending for the upcoming school year.
6. When you are finished making selections for the last site you need to roll over, click Save.
On your session list (Gear > Sessions):
1. Click the paper/pencil icon to edit the session.