We understand transitioning your student information system can be stressful. The actual process and experience will vary depending upon internal district resources and the system you are transitioning from. If you have questions or concerns during the process do not hesitate to voice these to you implementation manager.
1. A sandbox environment has been created for you to test data imports without harming your existing DnA site.
- Use the sandbox for initial data imports. If you are satisfied with the information listed in the data import error logs then load the data to the live site.
- The sandbox is also a good place to 'play' and try out new SIS functionality without worrying about data integrity.
- If the sandbox gets messy or out of date, periodic refreshes of the sandbox can be requested by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Your core data is already in the system. There is no need to re-import it again.
- Doing so may introduce new problems such as duplicate records if incorrect identifiers (ID numbers) are included in the subsequent files.
3. If the district system administrator is going to be the same person that managed DnA be prepared to take on many more jobs.
- While the DnA site is already set up the ISI component requires additional setup within the UI. The actual setup required depends upon which files from the data spec you decide to import and which ones you decide are more easily dealt with through the UI. Be prepared to think about things such as additional permissions, calendars, attendance flags, GPA verifications, transcripts, etc. Please see the ISI System Management and Key Confirmations : ISI Core System Setup document for details.
4. The data spec and the import tools are a work in progress.
- While we strive to make the system as user friendly and customer facing as possible at this point our import tools do not support all of the fields included in the data spec. Any fields that are not supported by the tools at this time will be mass imported for you by an illuminate team member. Stay tuned for a document listing these specific fields.
5. When in doubt call your implementation manager.
- The implementation managers job is to make your life easier. If you feel that things are not going as planned call him/her immediately.