This lesson applies to Illuminate Student Information (ISI) clients. It does not apply to clients whom only use Illuminate Data and Assessment (DnA) Management. Department data for DnA is entirely driven by the data districts load into the system; thus the department names that users see in the system cannot be edited within the system. However, while the department names that ISI users first see in the system (by default) come directly from the data your district supplies to Illuminate, ISI clients can change the wording that appears to users.
If you are an ISI user with the access to do so, you may edit, delete and add departments. It is helpful to have departments set accurately so that users can easily filter by department when running reports or managing courses. This lesson will show you how.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Admin Gear on your toolbar, as shown circled above.
2. Under School, click Department Management.
Create a Department
Once in Department Management, select Add.
- Give the department a name.
- If the entire department is using an Attendance Program Set other than the default of Regular Education (k-12), you can chose an Attendance Program Set exception for this department. See the help document on How Attendance Works in Illuminate before proceeding.
- Click Save.
Once Save is clicked, you will receive the confirmation, "Department saved successfully."
Edit a Department
Follow the steps outlined in the 'Where to Start' section, once in Department Management:
1. Select the existing department name you wish to edit.
2. Click Next.
1. Type the new department name wording you want users to see. This new department name will appear to those using the system.
2. Click Save.
You should now see a confirmation (as shown above) that the department updated successfully, which means you have successfully completed this lesson. You might want to complete these steps again to change the name of another department.