The district can semi-customize the registration builder so that it meets the needs of the staff members enrolling students. Since there are some limitations to the customization that can be made some districts opt to change the order of the fields on their registration form as well in order to make data entry as smooth as possible.
Where to Start
1. Click the Administration Gear.
2. Under School, select Registration Builder.
The Registration Builder two modes. The Default mode will allow all roles to see the same entry screens. The Customized Registration mode will allow for individual roles to see the fields selected their role. Select the appropriate mode and click Load.
- A checkmark in the Enabled box means that users will see this field on the create a student screen.
- A checkmark in the Required box means that users will see a red asterisk on the create a student screen and will not be able to proceed with registration until the field has data entered in it. It is recommended that all CALPADS required fields are marked as required.
- The Field Order #'s can be changed to best fit the registration packet your district uses.
- Once changes have been made click Save.
Verify the Registration Screen
It is recommended that you view what the screen will look like with the changes that have been applied. To do this click on Students and select Create a Student. Search for a fictional student and when they are not found click on Enter, (Create) a New Student. View the registration fields that will look similar to the above. If additional changes need to be made follow the instructions above for the Registration Builder.