District or school wide programs can be setup and tracked three different ways:
- Via Student Programs - which this lesson will cover
- Via a Custom Demographic - see help lesson Create, Edit, or Delete a Summary Assessment or Demographic and Import Data Into a Summary Assessment or Demographic
- Via a Student Group - see help lesson - Create a Student Group
Where to Start
1. Click on the Administration Gear.
2. Next, select Code Management.
Select Code to Manage
Select Student Programs from the drop-down list of codes and then click Load.
Student Programs Codes
A list of Programs will display. Notice that the Illuminate defaults are locked and cannot be deleted. If additional programs are needed click Add Code.
Create New Program
Enter identifying information for the new program.
- Create a Code Key. It should be an alphanumeric identifier that is unique from all other code keys in the programs list.
- Create a Code Translation. This is the name of the program.
- Identify which sites the program applies to. If it applies to all sites then the district.
- Identify the type of program that you are creating.
- Identify yourself as the creator of the program.
- Select the grade level(s) the program applies to.
- Click Save.
Note: all other fields are not required
Data can now be entered for students by:
- Submitting an Excel file to Illuminate to mass update.
- Manually entering data for individual students. See VIDEO: How to set up Student Programs