Parent Management is the feature Illuminate Data and Assessment (DnA) clients use to manage the Illuminate Home Connection Parent Portal, whereas Contacts is the feature Illuminate Student Information (ISI) clients use to manage the portal. Continue reading for details on how to use Parent Management or Contacts to control your Parent Portal.
Where to Start
Know which feature to use:
If you use Illuminate Data and Assessment (DnA) (e.g., for scanning assessments, building reports with state and local data, etc.), you should use Parent Management to manage the Illuminate Home Connection Parent Portal.
If you use Illuminate Student Information (ISI) (e.g., for attendance, discipline, health, etc.), you should use Contacts to manage the Illuminate Home Connection Parent Portal. There are several features which work exclusively or better with the Contacts module such as the Custom Forms.
Scroll to the appropriate section below based on the above criteria.
1. Click the Administration Gear.
2. Under Parent Portal, click Manage Parents.
Go to the search box in the upper-right corner.
Type the parent's name and hit Enter on your keyboard.
Find the name of the parent for whom you are searching and click on his or her name where it is featured in blue. There is much you can do after that. See the "Home Connection Portal" Help manual for details.
1. Click the Students tab.
2. Under Contact Information, click Contacts.
1. Enter search criteria for the student whose contact(s) you wish to access. You may get as specific or general as you like.
2. Click Search.
3. If your search renders more than 1 student, find the student you want and click his or her name.
1. Click Add a Contact to add an additional contact for the student.
2. Click Edit next to a contact's name to reset portal registration and more. See the "Home Connection Portal" Help manual for more details.