This lesson will guide you through enabling or disabling student portal accounts for your students. This process allows you to reset the password for students who have forgotten their passwords, or to correct portal access issues.
Required Permission: Manage Student Portal Access
Where to Start
- Click Students.
- Under Student Portal, click Manage Portal Access.
Add Students to Portal
- To add a student to the Student Portal, click Add a Student.
- Depending on your access, you may need to add additional filters to search for your students.
- Click Find Students.
- Check the individual student or check all students.
- To set temporary passwords, choose Random Password or Custom Password. Once the password is set, select OK.
- Random Password generates a random system created password.
- Custom Password allows you to enter a password manually.
6. You will receive a success message, and all students whose portals were enabled will have a green checkmark next to their ID numbers.
Upon first login, students will be prompted to change their password.
Disable or Reset Student Password
- Click the red (-) icon to the right of the page. You will be asked to confirm your selection. Click Yes.
- Select the checkboxes for multiple students.
- Select Delete Student Portal Account to disable several students at once.
When successfully deleted, the student's information will be crossed out for an individual student.
If accounts for multiple students were removed the page refreshes and removes the students from the list immediately.
Visit the Student/Parent Guide to learn more about how students can access the Student Portal.