The Contacts Tool will allow those with permission to manage parents, reset registration, add parents, add students to parents, etc. This lesson shows how to use it.
Where to Start
1. Click the Students tab.
2. Under Contact Information, click Contacts.
1. Enter search criteria for the student whose contact(s) you wish to access. You may get as specific or general as you like.
2. Click Search.
3. If your search renders more than 1 student, find the student you want and click his or her name.
Add a Contact
Click Add a Contact to add an additional contact for the student.
Legal Guardian Check and Edit
1. A contact may only have access to the parent portal if he or she is flagged as a legal guardian. Be sure there is a green check mark in the Legal column after the name of the contact for whom you want to set or reset portal access. If there is not (and if the contact is, indeed, the child's legal guardian), click in that spot and choose Yes to add guardianship for that contact.
2. Click Edit after the name of the contact whom you want to edit (e.g., set or reset portal access).
To Set Access
Scroll down to the Parent Portal area of the screen. If you are setting portal access (i.e., if Enable Portal Access is set to No):
Click Yes next to Enable Portal Access. Note the Access Key that appears.
Please skip the next ("To Reset Access") step and read the Save section.
To Reset Access
Scroll down to the Parent Portal area of the screen. If you are setting portal access (i.e., if Enable Portal Access is already set to Yes):
1. Click No next to Enable Portal Access.
2. Click Yes to delete portal registration for this contact.
Now click Yes next to Enable Portal Access. Note the new Access Key that appears.
You might be interested in viewing other lessons within the "Home Connection Portal" Help manual.