This lesson will guide you through explaining the top Site-focused Assessment reports in an assessment: Performance Summary, Site Overview, and Site Peer Comparison reports. To review how to generate prebuilt reports, refer to our help manual Prebuilt Reports.
Use this as a guide to facilitate the training in a computer lab. Show the videos before users log in or view one video at a time so users can follow along.
Before You Get Started
- Users should have access to an assessment with student response data.
- Best conducted or completed after an assessment has been administered.
Navigation: Assessment > View Assessments > Find and Select an Assessment > Performance Summary
- Identifies how students/site/district compare in terms of performance levels, standard performance, and question group performance.
- Performance and Mastery Levels are part of the assigned Performance Band.
- Standard and Question Group performance will display only if part of the assessment's design.
- "Teacher" would include all Teachers at your affiliated site with students who were administered the assessment.
Percentage of Student Scores At Each Performance Level
- Based on visibility, percentage of students scores are broken down by District, Site, and Teacher for each performance level within the assigned performance band.
- If applicable, percent of students at mastery and by performance level are provided.
Average Percent Correct by Standard
- Based on visibility, average percentage correct of students scores by standard are broken down by District, Site, and Teacher.
Average Percent Correct by Question Group
- Based on visibility, average percentage correct of students scores by question group are broken down by District, Site, and Teacher.
For more information, visit the Performance Summary Report Abstract in our Assessment Prebuilt Report Abstracts manual.
Navigation: Assessment > View Assessments > Find and Select an Assessment > Site Overview
- Identifies which performance bands/question groups/standards are most of a site's students are earning or struggling with and if those students demonstrated mastery on a test
Performance Band and Mastery Distribution
- The performance band applied to the assessment is shown. Only if the performance band includes levels of mastery, will the mastery distribution display correctly.
- If mastery levels are not applied to the performance band, it will show all students as "Not Mastered".
Question Group and Standard Performance
- Question Groups and Standards must be applied to the assessment for this portion of the report to display. It is an optional feature when creating an assessment.
- Question Groups are clusters or groups of questions that have a central or common theme such as "Reading Comprehension" or "Animal Science" to see the data collectively.
For more information, visit the Site Overview Report Abstract lesson in our Assessment Prebuilt Report Abstracts manual.
Site Peer Comparison
Navigation: Assessment > View Assessments > Find and Select an Assessment > Site Peer Comparison
- Provides a comparison of single site level performance for an assessment overall, by standard and by question group, if part of the assessment's design.
- Reports can display percentage or points.
- If generating reports by points, option to include the differential compared to the site's performance by overall, question group, and by standard.
Site Comprehensive Report
- Provides a comparison report on performance for overall, by question group, and by standard.
Site Question Group and Standard Report
- Provides a comparison report on performance only by question group or by standard.
For more information, visit the Site Peer Comparison Abstract lesson in our Assessment Prebuilt Report Abstracts manual.
Want to expand on Assessments? Check out our iBook resources on building and creating assessments.
Ready to expand on Assessment Reports? Check out U340 Assessment Reports for Trends and Growth.