This lesson will guide you through explaining the top Site-focused Assessment reports in an assessment: Performance Summary, Site Overview, and Site Peer Comparison reports. To review how to generate prebuilt reports, refer to our help manual Prebuilt Reports.
Use this as a guide to facilitate the training in a computer lab. Show the videos before users log in or view one video at a time so users can follow along.
Before You Get Started
- Users should have access to an assessment with student response data.
- Best conducted or completed after an assessment has been administered.
Navigation: Assessment > List Assessments > Find and Select an Assessment > Performance Summary
- Identifies how students/site/district compare in terms of performance levels, standard performance, and question group performance.
- Performance and Mastery Levels are part of the assigned Performance Band.
- Standard and Question Group performance will display only if part of the assessment's design.
- "Teacher" would include all Teachers at your affiliated site with students who were administered the assessment.
Percentage of Student Scores At Each Performance Level
- Based on visibility, percentage of students scores are broken down by District, Site, and Teacher for each performance level within the assigned performance band.
- If applicable, percent of students at mastery and by performance level are provided.
Average Percent Correct by Standard
- Based on visibility, average percentage correct of students scores by standard are broken down by District, Site, and Teacher.
Average Percent Correct by Question Group
- Based on visibility, average percentage correct of students scores by question group are broken down by District, Site, and Teacher.
Navigation: Assessment > List Assessments > Find and Select an Assessment > Site Overview
- Identifies which performance bands/question groups/standards are most of a site's students are earning or struggling with and if those students demonstrated mastery on a test
Performance Band and Mastery Distribution
- The performance band applied to the assessment is shown. Only if the performance band includes levels of mastery, will the mastery distribution display correctly.
- If mastery levels are not applied to the performance band, it will show all students as "Not Mastered".
Question Group and Standard Performance
- Question Groups and Standards must be applied to the assessment for this portion of the report to display. It is an optional feature when creating an assessment.
- Question Groups are clusters or groups of questions that have a central or common theme such as "Reading Comprehension" or "Animal Science" to see the data collectively.
Site Peer Comparison
Navigation: Assessment > List Assessments > Find and Select an Assessment > Site Peer Comparison
- Provides a comparison of single site level performance for an assessment overall, by standard and by question group, if part of the assessment's design.
- Reports can display percentage or points.
- If generating reports by points, option to include the differential compared to the site's performance by overall, question group, and by standard.
Site Comprehensive Report
- Provides a comparison report on performance for overall, by question group, and by standard.
Site Question Group and Standard Report
- Provides a comparison report on performance only by question group or by standard.