This lesson will guide you through customizing your Gradebook: Filters and Sharing. To review how to use Gradebooks, refer our help manual Gradebooks.
Use this as a guide to facilitate the training in a computer lab. Show the videos before users log in or view one video at a time so users can follow along.
Before You Get Started
- Sites/District may have particular Gradebook Preferences, Custom Marks, Categories or Grading Scales, to setup Gradebooks properly. Please check with your Illuminate Admin Team or Administrator for details.
- Your district could have set a school-wide grading scale which cannot be modified. Grading Scales may not be an option for your gradebook.
- Completion of training or course U405 Getting Started with Gradebook and U415 Customizing Your Gradebook.
Filters and Sharing
Navigation: Grades > My Gradebooks > Select a Gradebook > Filter > Edit Filter
Filters limit the assignments you are viewing by date range and/or Categories. A good example of utilizing filters is to filter out assignments once a new term has started. This way assignments from the previous term do not show and overall grades are calculated by assignments in the current term only. You can filter by assignments and/or students.
You have four ways to filter the view of assignments:
- Categories If categories have been created you can choose to only see assignments with the chosen categories
- Grading Periods Choose one or more grading periods to view assignments from. By default, assignments will display according to grading periods.
- Terms Allows you to choose a particular term available.
You have two ways to filter the view of students:
- Student Filter Choose the student set you wish to see in your Gradebook.
- Grading Period Allows you to save the filter for the grading period selected.
Select Save. To enable Filters, you need to go to Filters > Enable Filters to active your new settings. To turn them "off", go to Filters > Disable Filters.