These tips can be used to deliver a training to teachers on the Assessment Reports.
Login to system (5 min)
- Review that data must be entered for reports to display.
- Read the Assessment Report Abstracts associated to each report in the Help documentation. These are located in the 'Extras: Report Abstracts' Manual. OR you can click on the 'i' icon next to the name of a report.
Peer Comparison Report (10 min)
- Emphasize that staff can use this report to identify overall performance by student, by standard, and by question group, if applicable.
- Show how filters can be used to identify student groups or significant sub groups.
- District Admin: He/she will see site averages with the ability to drill down to a teacher and/or student level.
- The 'Performance Compared to Group' charts shows the mathematical difference between the district average and school average.
- Site Admin: He/she will see teacher averages with the ability to drill down to a student level.
- The 'Performance Compared to Group' charts shows the mathematical difference between the school average and teacher average.
- Teachers: He/she will see class averages with the ability to drill down to a student level.
- The 'Performance Compared to Group' charts shows the mathematical difference between the class average and student score.
- Note that teachers will get the same results whether they generate the report by site, teacher, or student.
Parent & Student Letter Report (10 min)
- Emphasize the use of drop down selections to view individual periods at the middle/high school level.
- Point out the choices when running the report: language, question groups, standards, questions and answer key.
- Point out the Preview will automatically generate for one student. If a change is made to any drop down menu, emphasize the need to click 'Preview' for the changes to occur.
- Even though one parent letter displays, the whole section will print.
- Give users time to generate the report making different choices.
Statistics (5 min)
- Show the statistics associated with this report.