This lesson will guide you through the process of setting up and enabling pre-registration for online registration via the parent portal.
Keep in mind, you cannot manage or enable pre-registration if forms have not been created. Please visit Manage Pre-registration Forms to get started.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Admin Gear.
2. Under Pre-Registration, select Manage Pre-registration Setup.
Pre-registration setup must first be enabled at the District Level, then by site as appropriate for the form desired. This will support troubleshooting and trigger Pre-registration to be enabled on the portal.
Using the dropdown menus, select:
1. Site needs to be District first, then repeat the process as necessary for each form at each site.
2. Academic Year or the school year you want to open registration for.
3. Grade Level(s) provide the ability to open pre-registration to one grade level to get started or pilot the tools, or select multiple grade levels.
4. Select the Form that reflects the information your district wants parents to fill out for registration. This is a single-select field, only choosing one form at a time.
5. Registration Window Start Date is the you want to start registration which will enable the form to be available on the portal for recipients. Consider this date also a benchmark for when your Office Staff/OSS is ready to support it or even a training timeline for your Implementation Manager to assist in training.
6. Registration Window End Date is when do the registration is closed which will disable or remove the form from the portal for recipients. Consider this date to be a few weeks before school begins, so that class lists and other procedures can start making their way.
7. Enable Parents to Initiate Pre-registration provides a unique url tied to your parent portal such as [yourdistrictname.illuminatehc.com/preregister] which a new parents can access on their own and initiate registration all online.
8. Click Save to confirm any changes made. A successful yellow banner will appear.
Once form data has been submitted on a form for a grade level, setups for that grade level can no longer be changed to a different form, but can be switched from site specific to district-wide with the same form.