Summary assessments show summative data (e.g., total score for a test) as opposed to question-by-question response data. A student demographic is just like a summary assessment except it tracks non-assessment data (e.g., # of cans donated in a drive, peer buddy hours, etc.), and it can be added to Illuminate using the same steps below.
While more detailed lessons are available in our Summary Assessments manual, this quick guide can be printed as a single, 1-sided sheet.
- Click Assessments tab > click Create a New Summary Assessment or Create a New Demographic.
- A title is required. All other choices are optional; however, if you want to search for them based on subject, scope and/or grade level, be sure to make a choice.
- Click Save.
1. Add the columns to be included in your assessment. Click Add Column.
2. Enter a name and choose the Column Type from the drop down menu.
3. Enter the Column Values you want available for inputting.
4. Repeat these steps for each column you want to add > click Save.
Tip: If you plan to pull this data into a custom report, be sure to make use of the Number and Boolean options. Number allows you to filter by greater than and less than or add calculations. Boolean allows you to filter by Yes/No or True/False.
- Click Responses > Enter/Edit.
- Indicate your students using the student scope selector. Choose to View Students with or without Data > Find Students.
- Click Save to save the data you have entered.
- Once you've saved one record for a student, you'll have the option to create an additional record for them using the + sign.
Learn how to maximize your collected data using custom reports: Custom Reports.