Student Groups allow you to classify students by a performance band level, standard, or question group in an Assessment's Overview page, to build and share access to those students with other users and/or view the site and its reports through the lens of that group. For example, you can select an assessment and review the data on the Overview Dashboard page. By selecting the overall performance band of "Basic" a student list will appear with a Create a Custom Report button. As an author of a Custom Report, you can create a Student Group.
This lesson will show you how to create a student group from an Assessment's Overview page.
Where to Start
1. Click Assessments > List Assessments.
2. Find and select the assessment you want to review results and create a Student Group from.
Create a Custom Report
The assessment's Overview page will display widgets or data based on student results.
3. Click any performance band or level by Overall, Standard, or Question Group, that you want to create a Student Group from.
The report will display a list of students based on the performance band or level by Overall, Standard, or Question Group that you selected. Notice the title matches the title of the assessment and performance criteria you selected.
5. Click Advanced.
6. Select Create Student Group.
Name Your Group
7. Enter a name or title for your student group. It is suggested to use similar naming conventions from your assessment and report.
8. Select Save and Proceed to Student Group.
If you want to have the option of logging in under your student group to narrow your viewpoint to those students when using the system (e.g., to view those students, their test scores, etc. when viewing reports such as the Student Profile Report, custom report, etc.), then:
Select Yes for Visibility Group, and then click Save Changes.
The summary will show the report that creates this student group. As the report and/or assessment data is edited and updated, the student group will be updated and edited as well.
You can also Share (e.g. with another user, grade level, etc.).