This lesson walks through the process of editing or adding contact, household, and dwelling information to a student in Illuminate.
Where to Start
1. Click Students.
2. Under Contact Information, click Contacts.
Single Student Entry
1. Enter search criteria for the student whose contact(s) you wish to access. You may get as specific or general as you like.
2. Click Search.
3. If your search renders more than 1 student, find the student you want and click his or her name.
Mass Student Entry
Follow the same steps outlined for a single student entry. However, say you are entering contacts for all of Grade 10 at Obama High School. Instead search by Grade Level and Site to populate a list of just that grade level/site's students.
If you click on the first name in the list, it will take you to the Student Contact Management page. From here, make the necessary additions, edits or removals of contacts (see explanation of this page below). To navigate to the next student in your list, simply click Next Student or select a student from the dropdown menu at the top of the page.
1. Click Add a Contact to add a new student contact. Enter contact information and click Save.
2. To make specific changes to a contact, use the Actions drop down menu and make a selection.
3. To delete a contact, click Remove and confirm your selection.
4. To make several changes to a contact, click Edit, make changes, and click Save.
Adding a contact
1. When typing in the contact's address, Illuminate will start to populate a dropdown menu of similar addresses in the system. If a student's address is already in the system, say their sibling has already been added, select the correct address.
Once selected, you you will see a box populate at the bottom that will allow you to link the Family/Household to the student. Note: This is how siblings are created in the system, by being linked to the SAME household when selected from this data entry pop-up.
2. To add this family/household, click Add family/household.
3. If this is NOT the family/household you would like associated with the student, select None of these and proceed to enter all applicable contact information.
Verifying An Address
Once on a Student's Contact page:
1. Click on the Actions menu.
2. Select Verify Address.
This will immediately run a verification. If an address cannot be verified, you will receive an error message indicating the issue, i.e. Unknown Street.
You might be interested in viewing other lessons within the "Contacts" Help manual.