This lesson will help you search for student attendance records within Illuminate Student Information.
Where to Start
1. Click Attendance.
2. Under Reports, click Search Records.
1. Select the site within which you wish to search.
2. Click Submit.
Choose your Display Options
Choose your Display Options:
Attendance Flag Format
- Display Code: Code that shows for your attendance flag (for example, A may be the code for Absent, EA for Excused Absence, UA for Unexcused Absence, etc.)
- Title: This is the description of your attendance flag (using the above example, this would read Absent, Excused Absence, or Unexcused Absence, etc.)
Show Additional Columns
By default, Search Attendance Records will show Student ID, Student Last Name, Student First Name, Student Middle Name, School, Student DOB, Grade Level, Timeblock, Teacher Last Name, Teacher First Name, and the counts of flags.
Use this area to indicate if you'd like to show additional columns of data in your results.
Enter Search Criteria
Enter your Search Criteria:
Daily Records - This refers to daily marks/all day marks for students (notably identifying absent vs present)
Classroom Records - This refers to period attendance. Use this option when looking for what attendance flags students received in each period/timeblock (often used when looking for tardies).
By default, all grade levels are selected, but uncheck any grades if you want to narrow your results.
# of selected flags is between - This lets you select what range you are looking for. The first number is the minimum and the second number the maximum. If you are wanting to see counts that exceeded 5, for example, you can enter a range between 5 (first number) and 100 (second number).
# of consecutive selected attendance flags is between - This lets you look for counts of flags students received consecutively (multiple days in a row or multiple periods in a row).
Choose which flags you are looking for (depends on your district's setup of Attendance Flags)
Click "Search" to load your results.
View Search Results
Now you will see all attendance records that match the criteria you specified for your search. Note the types of information available and some things you may choose to do:
1. Click a student's Student ID to view his or her individual record.
2. Click any column header to sort records by that criteria in ascending or descending order. Just click it a second time if you want to reverse the order.
3. Click a download icon to download your attendance record list as a Microsoft Excel workbook (xls), Adobe Reader (pdf), text document, or data (xml) file.
4. If you want to change the number of records listed on your screen at once (e.g., if your search rendered a lot of records), use the Show drop-down menu to select a different number.
If you use a custom date range when running the Search Attendance Records report and no student meets the criteria until later in the date range, the search will not list the dates the search was based on, but rather will list the dates starting when a student first met the criteria.
See other lessons within the "Attendance" manual for guidance in related tasks.