This lesson will help you perform absence reconciliation within Illuminate Student Information via two means: Absence Reconciliation and Mass Attendance updates. Please note that only absences reconciled through these methods will later show on this report. Meaning that if an absence is cleared through the Take Attendance by Student, Take Attendance by Roster, or Take Attendance Monthly it will not later show on this report.
*Note: It is recommended that all unreconciled absent marks be adjusted within 3 days to ensure accurate reporting.
Where to Start
1. Click Attendance.
1. Under Reports, click Absence Reconciliation.
Use the filter options for un-reconciled records and then click Load.
View the records and note options:
1. Click the green add icon to make changes.
2. You might opt to click a download icon to download the records as a Microsoft Excel workbook (xls) file. This can be downloaded for one student or the Excel icons at the top will download all records on the page.
3. Any comments entered here also show up on the Student Attendance Summary. Note once comments are entered and saved they can no longer be edited or deleted.
Mass Attendance Updates
1. Click the Attendance tab.
2. Under Reports, click Mass Attendance Updates.
1. Use the Student Scope Selector to filter to a specific teacher, period, program, etc.
2. Click on the Attendance Flag dropdown and select the unreconciled absent code. Next, select your date range (typically today’s date) and then click Find Me Some Attendance.
View the student results returned. All of these student have unreconciled absences.
To clear students’ unreconciled absences, you can either adjust individually for each student by changing the attendance mark and adding a note (Mom called, Sick, etc.) or you can clear groups of students in mass. To clear in mass:
1. Select the checkbox on the far left either for all students or for select students.
2. Click Fill Down.
3. After all changes have been made, make sure to hit Save. After hitting save, the page will reload and only the remaining unreconciled Absences will show.
See other lessons within the "Attendance" manual for guidance in related tasks.