After completing all necessary attendance setup, please use the checklist below to confirm the accuracy and completeness of your setup. This is essential to ensuring successful attendance taking during the first day of school and for accurate reporting for P1, P2, and EOY.
- Calendar is set at the district level (and all sites too).
- Day types set correctly on the calendar. Any day type where school is in session is set to an 'in session' day type.
- Reporting Periods are set at the district level (and all sites too).
- Attendance Flags have been set with the correct precedence.
- Attendance Flags have been shared with the correct roles.
- Timeblocks have been created and one has been designated as homeroom. (NOTE: This requirement is only necessary to run the Cumulative PDF that most clients don't use anyway. Also, note any site that is on a block schedule will not have a way to choose a homeroom for each block since only one timeblock can be made a homeroom.)
- Timeblocks have been created and timeblock occurrences have been added. (NOTE: This step needs to be completed even if a site has only one all day timeblock.)
Occurrences should ONLY be added to timeblocks in which attendance is going to be taken. If you have timeblocks in which sections tied to those timeblocks will have attendance disabled, adding occurrences to those timeblocks will skew your Attendance Reporting (ADA) data.
- Timeblock occurrences created in step above add up to the minimum number of required scheduled minutes for ADA.
- Timeblock occurrences have been created for every in session day type. For example, if multiple day types have been created i.e., normal, minimum day, assembly day, etc. then each day type needs timeblock occurrences tied to it.
- Any additional funding categories that are needed beyond the Illuminate defaults (these are found in Code Management and indicated with a lock icon) have been created.
- Any new Attendance Programs needed i.e., pre-school, teen parenting, etc. that are needed will need to be created by our office. These are linked to the funding categories above.
- Program sets - Even if only one new program is created in the step above, it will still need to be bundled into a program set as program sets are what are applied to the exceptions (sessions, departments, courses and sections).
- Regular Education K-12 is the default funding category that will apply to all sessions, departments, courses, and sections unless exceptions are managed at the department, course, section, or student level. IF THIS STEP IS SKIPPED, ALL STUDENTS IN EVERY SCHOOL WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE IN THE REGULAR EDUCATION K-12 ATTENDANCE PROGRAM FOR ADA REPORTING.
- Continuation schools have been set up with Hourly Positive Attendance Program Types.